One of the features in every template from SimplyTheStudio is the Related posts widget below every post. This widget automatically generates more blog articles that are similar to the open post.
If your Related Posts widget is not working — and you can’t see any suggested posts below any blog posts, it’s most likely because you don’t use labels in your posts. Since this widget uses the labels to generate similar posts — because it runs under the impression that all posts with the same topic fall under the same label — it can’t suggest any posts unless at least one label is attached.
How to add labels into a post
- Go to your Blogger Dashboard. This should automatically open the section “Posts”; if you don’t see this, then open it from the left menu.
- Find any post to which you want to add a label.
- Look at the menu on the right — “Page settings”.
- The first option is “Labels”. Click on it — this opens a small window.
- Write the name of the category under which you want to include the post — like Beauty, Lifestyle, Travelling, Recipes and so on.
- Click on “Done” and then on “Update” (above the “Page Settings” menu).
- Open each post you previously created and published, and add at least one label to it. Tip: Personally, I suggest adding not more than three labels to one post. If you add too many labels that are too specific, your blog may look too messy and unprofessional.
- Open your blog and click on any post — now you should see the “Related posts” widget below the text.
If you followed the tutorial and still can’t see the “Related Posts” widget below your blog posts, contact us.